So after what was an extended weekend break from the work, today has seen huge leaps and bounds in the progress of the gallery refurbishment. As I type this (at 3.30pm) over three quarters of the gallery walls have been plastered and, even better news, all the old ghastly Artex has been covered and is no more. An audible cheer went up when I took the photograph! The ceiling dried well in three – four days which is promising for continued progress, and that, if all goes to plan should see the painting team (of staff, volunteers and trustees of the museum) donning overalls and slapping emulsion around by Wednesday of next week. The window recesses have also now been dry-lined and, all said and done, the gallery is really taking shape. I spent the weekend working on labels for WWI material which I borrowed last week form the Tin Shed Experience in Laugharne (I recommend a visit if you have not been already) and the layout of what is going where has now being finalised in my head. The idea of the exhibition in the new space is really exciting now and I cannot wait to start putting the show up. Fingers crossed, a few more weeks (there are still the electrics to do as well) should see us ready for the grand opening of the new gallery and the WWI exhibition!!